Infinite Outsourcing Solutions is a top provider to excellent service in the recruiting and staffing industry. With nearly 15 years of combined experience in the recruiting and staffing industry, we have developed the knowledge and skills to deliver the perfect fit between a candidate and a client.
The primary role of the Brokerage Dispatcher is to handle all day-to-day operational elements of the customers’ needs. The incumbent seeks out the best methods to move the freight based on the customers’ requirements.
- Analyze booking information from the customer in order to determine and verify the service requirements, the appropriate routes, border crossing points and rates.
- Enter and verify the information in the system to ensure accuracy.
- Meet and exceed customer requirements at every stage of the order fulfillment process by assuming responsibility for total customer satisfaction.
- Understand the wide array of carriers that are available and their capabilities in order to match them to the customers’ needs.
- Contact carriers in order to negotiate needed equipment and expectations.
- Dispatch shipments.
- Optimize profit margin as much as possible without compromising service.
- Build strong relationships with the carriers assigned through communication and ongoing monitoring of on time performance.
- Resolve issues with the Customer and Tracking & Tracing Representatives when required.
- Timely and accurate completion of performance reports for all carrier related issues. Notify potential problems to the appropriate parties.
- Negotiate any additional charges with carriers and assist to maintain the accuracy of the carrier information.
- Understand current industry market conditions and communicate any carrier issues that might impact operations as a whole with the entire team.
- Keep the Operations Team and the Account Managers updated on significant issues or trends.
- Other duties and assignments as required.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
Education and Industry Knowledge
- High school diploma.
- College Diploma / University Degree in Business, Logistics or International Trade is an asset.
- CITT is an asset.
- Minimum 3 years of operational experience in logistics / transportation.
- Complete understanding and use of all aspects of the North American transportation industry including intermodal, highway, warehousing, distribution and logistics.
- Strong knowledge of North American geography.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (e.g., Outlook, Excel, Word).
- Intermediate computer skills required in Excel (i.e., filter, sort, formulas, graphs).
- Working knowledge of transportation management software (TMW, PC Miler, etc.).
Business Strategy Skills
- Dedicated commitment to providing superior, timely internal and external customer service.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively in verbal and written form.
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills in a team environment.
- Highly organized with the ability to multi-task.
- Team cooperation and respect is required.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Work well under pressure in a time sensitive environment.
Job Type: Full-time