Load Planning / Appointment Booking
North York, ON
We are seeking an attentive, and highly energetic individual to join our IOS team for a Load Planning/Appointment Booking position. This role requires an individual who is flexible enough to work as a contract employee with the added benefit of becoming a contract-to-hire employee under the employer’s discretion and based on performance reviews.
– Coordinate and arrange the loading/unloading of shipments with transportation and customers
-Track and trace of all shipments to the final destination, providing details, and PODs to customers, etc. as needed.
– Assign and coordinate truck shipments and address any issues that come up during the transit
– Negotiate freight rates and act as primary contact for contracted carriers
– Communicate updates and issues to carriers and internal team
– Maintain and report monthly KPI related to transportation / warehouse operation
– Additional tasks may be assigned if required
– Strong communication, organizational & customer service skills
– Minimum 6 years of experience in load planning/ appointment booking
– Strong Organizational Skills
– Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
– Electronics industry experience is an asset
– Must speak, read and write fluent English
– Able to demonstrate advanced computer skills (Microsoft Office, Excel)
– Ability to work in a busy environment
Why work with us?
- Working independently and within a team environment
- Indoor warehouse atmosphere
- FULL TIME EMPLOYMENT LEADING TO PERMANENT POSITION
- Room for growth
- Location: North York